[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Thu Feb 2 18:10:31 CST 2017

I thought Discourse had a mailing list gateway, such that each topic in Discourse would be the subject of an email, and replies to the "list" would append to the topic in Discourse, while subscribers to the mailing list would get messages for each post.

I guess that's harder with styled text, but still seems doable. I have a little Discourse forum I run, but have not yet figured out how to enable this behavior, if it even exists.

FWIW, I'd really like to have this list moved to Discourse. I think it would make it a lot easier to follow conversations infrequently, and shouldn't affect users who are immersed in it all day.