[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Dimitri Racordon Dimitri.Racordon at unige.ch
Thu Feb 2 17:31:03 CST 2017

Is there any reason we should keep holding back from giving Discourse a **real** try?

Most arguments I read were pointed at filtering/flagging issues, or at how the focus of the discussions could change. I’ve only tried Discourse once, but to the best of my knowledge, it totally addresses the first issue. As for how the discussions would change, while I personally seriously doubt it, no one can definitively say it will or won’t go this path unless we try. I also read some concerns about email addresses being released in the wild, but maybe we could use some alias until something more official is set up.

Apparently I’m not the only one who thinks the benefits largely outweigh the drawbacks, so at least let’s give it a real try. Besides, I think we could (or even **should**) go forward with that test before we think about voting and/or how to vote. It could very well confirm/invalidate most of the “imho” arguments.

Aren’t we all somehow familiar with the benefits of testing? =D