[swift-evolution] Subclass Existentials

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 12:41:09 CST 2017

The "class comes first" requirement made more sense when the proposed syntax was still "Any<T, U, V>", intentionally mirroring how the superclass and conformances are declared on a class declaration (the archives contain more detailed arguments, both pro and con). Now that the syntax is "T & U & V", I agree that privileging the class requirement is counterintuitive and probably unhelpful.

Austin