[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Thu Jan 26 14:36:46 CST 2017

on Thu Jan 26 2017, Adrian Zubarev <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> That’s exactly how almost all of your replies were displayed in my
> mail-client.

Yeah, I know.  I've at least partly succumbed to the prevailing flow.  I
started to question my own careful practices several years ago when
participating in an email thread with some people who were confused and
angered by both inline replies and by any reply that didn't contain the
entire foregoing message history.

> Combined with inlined messages it’s a nightmare to search through. 👻
>
> The sooner we migrate over to a forum, the better.

I don't see how that's going to help with this problem.  Of course, that
makes the problem I've raised irrelevant to the topic at hand, so I
guess we should stop talking about it here.

--
-Dave