[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0148 Generic Subscripts

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Sat Jan 21 07:31:43 CST 2017

> On Jan 19, 2017, at 1:39 PM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:
>
> 	• What is your evaluation of the proposal?

Badly needed. I can't count how many times I've wanted this feature. And now is definitely the time to do it, because we'll need it for some upcoming standard library redesigns.

> 	• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Yes.

> 	• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes.

> 	• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I haven't used many strongly-typed languages with sophisticated syntax.

> 	• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Quick reading. I mean, besides the days I've put in refining workarounds for this feature's absence.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies