[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0148 Generic Subscripts

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Thu Jan 19 15:58:10 CST 2017

> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
Very enthusiastic +1.  I have wanted this feature ever since Swift was released and I noticed that it was missing.

I think the proposal could be made stronger by including some of the examples that were shared in the pre-review discussion.  Any reviewers who have questions about how this feature might be used should read through that discussion if they have not already done so.

> Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Yes.  I am not aware of any significant reasons not to include this feature and am aware of several compelling use cases for it.

> Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Very much so.

> If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
N/A

> How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
A quick read, but I have been missing this feature ever since Swift was released and I noticed that it was missing.