[swift-evolution] Swift Evolution Status Page Now Available

Kyle Murray kyle_murray at apple.com
Wed Jan 18 22:42:23 CST 2017

Hi Slava,

I updated it just now. Anyone can update the status of a proposal with a pull request, or you can commit directly if you have access.

Example here: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/commit/24aafe9aa0cbcec757ab495c32e8718d14d5f809

ultramiraculous's PR for updating SE-0080 (https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/586) is spot on, except that as of today, the proposal metadata just lives in the proposal Markdown, rather than in both the Markdown and the metadata index.

-Kyle

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 7:27 PM, Slava Pestov <spestov at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Actually it’s available in swift-3.1-branch also.
>
> Kyle, do you mind updating this, or is there a way we can submit updates?
>
> Slava
>
>> On Jan 18, 2017, at 2:06 PM, Slava Pestov via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> This looks great, thanks!
>>
>> SE-0080 was recently implemented by a contributor and will be available in Swift 4:
>>
>> https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/4314
>>
>> Slava
>>
>>> On Jan 18, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Kyle Murray via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> We've just launched a new status page for keeping track of Swift Evolution proposals. See the announcement in a post on the swift.org blog.
>>>
>>> A few of the benefits to the new page are:
>>> Search for proposals by criteria such as the proposal's author or Swift version number.
>>> See which proposals have implementations in progress via the associated JIRA issues.
>>> The status of a proposal is read directly from its Markdown source. The separate XML file is no longer needed.
>>>
>>> The status page displays progress and information about proposals as they go through the evolution process. As always, please follow the standard proposal template to keep to process running efficiently. Formatting your proposal correctly also ensures that it's picked up and displayed correctly on the status page.
>>>
>>> If you're interested in contributing to the status page's implementation, see the steps for doing so in CONTRIBUTING.md.
>>>
>>> We're looking forward to your feedback!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kyle