[swift-evolution] Update on the Swift Project Lead

Karl Wagner razielim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:22:31 CST 2017

> On 11 Jan 2017, at 18:18, John Pratt via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

> You are just going to drop this entire project, that has its name associated with you,
> for a very fierce competitor?

That’s pretty insulting to everybody else who works on the project (including the many contributors here).

Besides, it’s just plain wrong. Swift is a tool, and like any other tool it is judged on its intrinsic merit for a job, regardless of whichever names may be attached to it.

> However capable Ted Kremenek is, and I am sure that is, you have collectively decided
> to break this programming language every year or so.
>
> Who is going to get behind this programming language now that it is associated with
> a turncoat?

We have contributors from IBM, Microsoft, Uber and/or Lyft, maybe also from Facebook (not sure), Apple (obviously), and probably more. I don’t think they all decided to invest time in making Swift better because Chris Lattner told them he would always work at Apple. So chill.