[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] Use obtain let instead if let construction

thislooksfun thislooksfun at repbot.org
Sat Jan 7 21:12:19 CST 2017

-1 from me, I think that it makes perfect sense the way it is.

More specifically, I read `if let safe = optional` as "if optional can be unwrapped into safe, then ..."
I think `obtain let` is more confusing, as it's not clear that it's a conditional from that keyword. Plus to me, "obtain" seems like it would be getting something from somewhere else, not always locally, maybe use an `unwrap` keyword in there somewhere, if you want it to be very clear what's happening?

-thislooksfun (tlf)