[swift-evolution] [Idea] Extending syntax for `extension`

Braeden Profile jhaezhyr12 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:34:20 CST 2016

No special restriction here.  Like I said, it’s just another way of writing a file-level extension within that namespace.  All the functions can then be defined as private, public, internal, etc. as necessary.  The point would be to define functionality for something within the right block.  If I’m writing an entire set of types within MathEvaluator (or SelectMode, or whatever I’m writing), I want to be able to keep the whole file within MathEvaluator’s scope.  I do, however, wish to write the subtypes in terms of “definition here, functionality there” the way extensions allow.

I don’t remember a verdict from the `struct MathEvaluator.Number` syntax discussion.  Was that shot down, or still a possibility?