[swift-evolution] Swift evolution proposal: introduce typeprivate access control level

Gonçalo Alvarez Peixoto goncalo.alvarezpeixoto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:07:20 CST 2016

Robert,

Thanks for your feedback.

However, I tend to disagree with you.

*"The proposal, as it stands, does nothing to indicate how this is much
different from internal - all examples given would trivially be solved by
internal members."*
This proposal aims at covering all of the cases in which you *do not want* to
expose your properties *internally. *For instance, you might want to access
a member of a view controller from an extension of this view controller on
another file, but not make it accessible from other members in the
module (which is what *internal *does).

Best,
Gonçalo