[swift-evolution] [Meta] Let's talk TouchBar + Unicode

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sat Oct 29 02:10:41 CDT 2016

There are people out there who insist on using spaces for indention, just because of fear that some odd editor might not be able to deal with tabs properly… so even if this idea doesn't require a TouchBar, I don't think we should replace words with somewhat exotic characters:
Swift code will be written on computers without a TouchBar (which still has to prove its value), and even without Xcode.
So I'd focus the discussion on wether it makes sense to have two different ways to refer to common operations and constants (do you want π ? ;-), or if this would be a source of confusion.