[swift-evolution] @noescape loop hole

Robert Ryan robert.ryan at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 21 17:18:55 CDT 2016

I’ll defer the question of whether it’s worth the effort or not to fix this. But even if we decide to make parameter closures non-escaping by default, but leave other closures escaping, there is still a problem here: If you mark a non-parameter closure as `@noescape`, you get a warning that incorrectly says "@noescape is the default and is deprecated”, even though it really is escaping by default in this context. If we’re not going to change all closures to be non-escaping by default in that context, we should fix the warnings. And I guess we should also confirm whether it really is truly deprecated or not (because `@noescape` appears to still work for these non-parameter closures).