[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Mailing list vs. Forum

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Mon Oct 10 12:19:00 CDT 2016

> On Oct 8, 2016, at 10:01 PM, Jon Shier via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> It’s not that nobody cares, it’s that it’s ultimately up to Apple to decided how this is going to go, and nobody there seems to care. Until a decision is made there, nothing will happen. Even under the best case scenario I wouldn’t expect anything to happen soon, as Apple doesn’t move quickly for stuff like this.
>
> To my eyes, the Discourse-powered Rust forums look great.

You are confusing perceived inaction for “not caring”. Discourse does look promising, but it takes some time to evaluate a different technology before we commit to migrating 2,000 participants and some 27,000 existing messages. I suggest patience, and starting from the assumption that the people involved are competent yet busy.

	- Doug