[swift-evolution] [Accepted] SE-0142: Permit where clauses to constrain associated types

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Thu Oct 6 11:46:19 CDT 2016

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 1:09 AM, Goffredo Marocchi <panajev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not to start an argument, but I am more concerned about how we go about avoiding the Swift 3.0 issue where a bunch of accepted proposals did not make the implementation cut

For this *specific* feature, the implementation is well underway, so I’m not concerned about it not making Swift 4.
In general, we’re trying to focus Swift 4 more narrowly (as Chris noted in https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160725/025676.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160725/025676.html>) so we’re less likely to review & accept something that won’t actually get implemented.

> and were not all automatically dragged on the next release, but would have essentially to be discussed and agreed upon again. Please do tell me if I misunderstood something here, I apologise if so.

The core team talked about this a bit recently. I’m working on a more comprehensive write-up, but most of the proposals in this category are additive and can be rolled forward.

	- Doug