[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0137: Avoiding Lock-In to Legacy Protocol Designs

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Thu Aug 11 21:20:17 CDT 2016

> On Aug 10, 2016, at 2:03 PM, John McCall <rjmccall at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of "SE-0137: Avoiding Lock-In to Legacy Protocol Designs" begins now and runs through August 14. The proposal is available here:
>
> 	https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0137-avoiding-lock-in.md

	'ExpressibleByStringInterpolation' is deprecated: it will be replaced or redesigned in Swift 4.0.  Instead of conforming to 'ExpressibleByStringInterpolation', consider adding an 'init(_:String)'

I'm not sure I understand this error message. What is the second sentence trying to imply you should do instead of conforming?

Otherwise, +1 to all of this.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies