[swift-evolution] Swiftier implementation of Measurement and Unit

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Wed Aug 10 17:58:54 CDT 2016

on Wed Aug 10 2016, Joanna Carter <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> I have spent some time working on a version of the Measurement and
> Unit held in the apple/swift-corelibs-foundation section of
> GitHub. How can I best find out if my efforts are worthwhile?

I'm not sure how useful this is, because it's not really a comment on
your efforts, but... some of us think we know how this problem domain
*should* be addressed, and we know that Swift doesn't yet have the
necessary language facilities (integer generic parameters) to do the job
right.  The technique was described back in 1994 by Barton & Nackman in
https://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Engineering-Introduction-Advanced-Techniques/dp/0201533936

HTH,
--
-Dave