[swift-evolution] Location of ! in Boolean negation expressions

James Andrews james at enigmanorth.com
Mon Aug 8 10:56:25 CDT 2016

Hi,

The .! syntax is a bit gross I think.  The problem is that programmers
are very familiar with the NOT <something> semantics. So while changing
it might be pleasing from a natural language perspective, it will seem
strange from the programmer perspective. I guess you cant win!

I like the suggestion of adding a negative form of the method. However
syntax changes are not going to happen for a while now I believe.

Thanks,
James