[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0136: Memory Layout of Values

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 21:44:33 CDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 9:31 PM, Brandon Knope via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> Can someone quickly explain what this new API does compared to what SE-101
> had?
>
> I'm trying hard to see what's being added here but my brain isn't working
>
> Brandon

The text of SE-0101 was never updated to reflect the core team's decision,
which was that MemoryLayout was to be an enum with no cases and without the
suggested `of(_:)` functions. This proposal is to restore the `of(_:)`
functions, but it incorporates recent discussion as to the most appropriate
spelling for them.

Sent from my iPad