[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Mailing list vs. Forum

Daniel Duan daniel at duan.org
Wed Aug 3 15:47:13 CDT 2016

Keep in mind: switching to a different set of tools would create disruptions to the core team’s workflow. Context switch is expensive and perhaps hard to understand from outside. Quite a few core team members are active participants of mailing lists out side of Swift.org (yes, those indeed exist! e.g. llvm). So to use a another set of tool, as we say here, is *purely additive* to a lot of folks. I can’t speak for the team, but the fact that we are here is a strong indication of their preference. Unless you are unsatisfied with the Swift 3 process/outcome, I’d the mailing list has proven to be working fantastically.