[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Mailing list vs. Forum

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Aug 3 02:52:46 CDT 2016

We need an official poll with all the mentioned options. I believe that would make things here a little bit faster.

+1 for something like discourse.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 3. August 2016 um 09:48:03, Ben Rimmington via swift-evolution (swift-evolution at swift.org) schrieb:

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 23:03, Brent Royal-Gordon wrote:
>
> I would love to have a great web archive for swift-evolution—something with a really solid search function, good threading, and most of the other niceties of forums. It'd even be nice to have an upvote feature. But these are all things that you could do without taking swift-evolution off of email.

Mailman 3 with the HyperKitty archiver has those features. For example:

<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/>

Swift-evolution is currently using Mailman 2.1.12 with Pipermail.

See also:

* <https://lwn.net/Articles/638090/> (March 2015: Mailman 3 review)
* <https://lwn.net/Articles/596049/> (April 2014: HyperKitty preview)

-- Ben