[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Mailing list vs. Forum

Ben Rimmington me at benrimmington.com
Wed Aug 3 02:47:49 CDT 2016

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 23:03, Brent Royal-Gordon wrote:
>
> I would love to have a great web archive for swift-evolution—something with a really solid search function, good threading, and most of the other niceties of forums. It'd even be nice to have an upvote feature. But these are all things that you could do without taking swift-evolution off of email.

Mailman 3 with the HyperKitty archiver has those features. For example:

<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/>

Swift-evolution is currently using Mailman 2.1.12 with Pipermail.

See also:

* <https://lwn.net/Articles/638090/> (March 2015: Mailman 3 review)
* <https://lwn.net/Articles/596049/> (April 2014: HyperKitty preview)

-- Ben