[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Breaking precedence

Félix Cloutier felixcca at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 2 11:03:51 CDT 2016

These expressions mix two types of logic that have different implications. For instance, `a * 16` and `a << 4` are "mostly equivalent", except that `a * 16` will crash on overflow. In these cases, I find that grouping provides some visual insulation that groups off the somewhat subtle differences.

Félix