[swift-evolution] Swift 3.0 vs 3.x and Timing Clarification

Robert Hedin robert.hedin at weather.com
Sat Jul 30 20:38:06 CDT 2016

My team has been closely following things here and has been looking forward
with great anticipation to using Swift 3 in our production systems.

To that end, I'd like to confirm (or not) that "Swift 3.0" is no longer
expected to ship in "late 2016" as currently reflected on the Swift
Evolution GitHub repo but will rather ship in "Spring 2017".

Over the past 24 hours I've got different members of my team coming up with
different reads of what, exactly, "3.x" means in context.

Thanks!

rob.

--
*Robert **Hedin  *|Dir Software Engineering
*w:* 770-226-2650      *e:* robert.hedin at weather.com
<http://weather.com/apps> <http://weather.com/apps>