[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Struct syntax for requesting a copy with an ivar set to an explicit value

Grant Sheldon gsheld at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 18:08:02 CDT 2016

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some feedback on a new proposal:

https://gist.github.com/gsheld/542a57c1ca5efe87892a28759215283e

The basic idea is to expose syntax that would make it trivial to create a
copy of a Struct instance with an ivar set to a particular value. The
"proposal" I've linked above will give examples and some motivation for the
suggestion. It is a simple gist and not in any way ready for a PR.

Let me know what you think! I'm curious to know if this bit of syntactic
sugar would have value for any of you.

Best wishes,

--
Grant Sheldon