[swift-evolution] [Discussion] "try" for function that does not throw

Mark Dalrymple markd at borkware.com
Fri Jul 8 09:57:49 CDT 2016

> Xcode creates warning as you type

And the warnings also tend to obscure my typing (rdar://27141386 - warning
box occludes typing when trying to fix a warning).

I turn live issues off (even though that kind of breaks playground error
reporting - rdar://27162167 - playgrounds don't show any errors unless Live
Issues is on) - I know enough of what I'm doing to where I can wait until
the code isn't in an indeterminate state any more and then kick off a build
to error-check.

command-control-M is also a favorite keystroke to hide the in-editor
notices.  You still get them in the gutter.

++md