[swift-evolution] Seriously! Freeze Swift For Two Years After Release 3.0 !

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Jul 7 17:33:11 CDT 2016

On Jul 7, 2016, at 7:46 AM, Karl <razielim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not only that, but we have compiler fix-its. When there are renaming changes or argument-label changes, I just filter down my Xcode error list, click each one, give it a quick eyeball and hit “enter”. I don’t know of other languages that have had such good migration infrastructure for existing code. I don’t know how Linux users get the benefit of these fixits, though.

Helpful hint for folks moving from Xcode 8.0 beta 1 to beta 2 (and beyond): when you open your project in a new beta, make sure to go to "Edit -> Convert -> To Modern Swift Syntax…”, which will help move you up by automatically applying the migration fixits that correspond to the changes in the new beta.

-Chris