[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0077 v2: Improved operator declarations

Anton Zhilin antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:53:40 CDT 2016

An important thing to consider is if we really want to break standard
library precedence hierarchy.
If we don't, then the proposal loses significance immediately.
If we do, then we should start discussion of specific changes right after
this one.

I'm fine with NilCoalescingPrecedence, because Coalescing is a noun in this
case. For example, we talk about "nil coalescing" operator.

Situation with namespacing is more intricate. I don't mind Precedence
suffixes very much (better make keywords shorter), but it would be great if
we came up with an elegant solution for dropping them.
One idea: add Precedence suffix automatically: 'precedence Additive',
'before: Additive', BUT 'Swift.AdditivePrecedence'.