[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0118: Closure Parameter Names and Labels

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Thu Jul 7 10:46:25 CDT 2016

On Jul 5, 2016, at 5:10 PM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of "SE-0118: Closure Parameter Names and Labels" begins now and runs through July 11. The proposal is available here:
>
> 	https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0118-closure-parameter-names-and-labels.md
>
> 	* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
> 	* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
> 	* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
> 	* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
> 	* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I like the overall thoughtful and generally  succinct results. I participated in the renaming thread and believe this will improve the affected APIs.

My one concern lies with "ManagedBuffer<Header,Element>.create( minimumCapacity: 10,  makingValueWith: makeHeader)", which should either be "makingHeaderWith" or (better yet) "with".

-- E