[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Remove type inference for associated types

L. Mihalkovic laurent.mihalkovic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 08:59:45 CDT 2016

Sometimes I get the sense that the pleasure of discussing takes precedence over the goal it serves, namely to create a language that will be the most attractive it can be within a given complexity budget (meaning a balance between the immediate reward of shiny new things and the long term evolvability of the compiler). I seem to recall this item coming directly from chris as a compiler cleanup task.