[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Design guideline rule for `:`

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Jun 22 09:36:25 CDT 2016

I’d love to see something like this happen to Xcode. I’m curious if we could write an extension for Xcode 8 to refactor code to at least some of the conventions.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 22. Juni 2016 um 15:43:44, Charlie Monroe (charlie at charliemonroe.net) schrieb:

It would, if Xcode finally had some formatting tools or linters, like other IDEs have either on their own (AppCode, ...) or in form of 3rd party tools (StyleCop). As much as I dislike C#, when you look at C# code from various repos, it's mostly uniform when it comes to code-style since VS automatically changes some formatting for you, enforcing code-style conventions declared by Microsoft - e.g. brackets on a new line, etc.

If there were written code-style conventions that Xcode would be enforcing by default, it would force most people to code by the conventions.