[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Design guideline rule for `:`

Charlie Monroe charlie at charliemonroe.net
Wed Jun 22 08:43:21 CDT 2016

It would, if Xcode finally had some formatting tools or linters, like other IDEs have either on their own (AppCode, ...) or in form of 3rd party tools (StyleCop). As much as I dislike C#, when you look at C# code from various repos, it's mostly uniform when it comes to code-style since VS automatically changes some formatting for you, enforcing code-style conventions declared by Microsoft - e.g. brackets on a new line, etc.

If there were written code-style conventions that Xcode would be enforcing by default, it would force most people to code by the conventions.