[swift-evolution] Stdlib closure argument labels and parameter names

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Mon Jun 20 16:25:05 CDT 2016

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago we started to notice that we had some poorly-named
closure parameters and argument labels in the standard library, so we
did a complete audit of the standard library's APIs and came up with a
preliminary proposal for changes, which we applied in a branch and you
can review in https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/2981.  Let's please
carry on further discussion here rather than in the pull request, though.

I'll be submitting a formal proposal for review this week but wanted to
give people a chance to weigh in on some of the changes first.  I view
this step as a necessary one before taking up Patrick Pijnappel's
proposal for renaming functional algorithms:
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=CAKA%3djdbxiC%5fq0Fe%3dXc%3dmSWu7OtGxMgAQyb0QMA6%5fOaiiLB3foA%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks,

--
Dave