[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Retiring `where` from for-in loops

Leonardo Pessoa me at lmpessoa.com
Fri Jun 10 06:39:34 CDT 2016

I would vow to remove where clauses altogether. Most of the times I used it in ifs, fors and switches I ended up thinking it hardened readability of my code (perhaps because of placement, but I do not think alternatives made it more readable) and so it was my decision to stop using where whenever possible in my code. Since Erica's performance test pointed out using guard is nearly as fast as using where and the core team is removing wheres from ifs, I think the ones in fors could go next.