[swift-evolution] Name disambiguation of computed property/function with same type defined in extensions

L Mihalkovic laurent.mihalkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:18:11 CDT 2016

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 4:41 PM, Paulo Faria <paulo at zewo.io> wrote:
>
>> No matter what, I think many extensions are just a bad outlook on OOD, but properly understood, they are great.
>
> Care to explain a bit more what you mean with this? What is the improper  “understandment” and what would be the proper “understandment”?

IMVHO much of the extension code I saw was people cramming a lot of their business code inside UIView derivative extensions. Another use case I saw a lot was utility methods following the pattern of
	“http://www.whattheheck.com”
			.connect()
			.lookMaIcanWriteAnEntire()
			.applicationWithout()
			.havingTo()
			.promise(ToThinkTooMuch().aboutIt());

this is just an illustration, but we have all seen this, right?!