[swift-evolution] Philosophy of Swift

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Jun 8 12:20:11 CDT 2016

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 6:03 AM, Jonathan Hull via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I am (somewhat unexpectedly) teaching a class in Swift/iOS starting later this week, and I was hoping to get a couple of quotes to share with my students from the community (and ideally a core team member) about what they believe the general philosophy behind Swift is…

I’d recommend going back into the swift evolution archives and read posts from the core team in the first month or two.  We spent a considerable amount of effort answering basic questions with extensive rationale for why things are the way they are (or why something is considered to be unfortunate and needs to change).

-Chris