[swift-evolution] Philosophy of Swift

Brandon Knope bknope at me.com
Wed Jun 8 08:18:21 CDT 2016

My favorite is that Swift is an opinionated language :P

"We intentionally want Swift to have a common “center of gravity” and be an
“opinionated” language, rather than fall to the “design by committee” approach that leads to a
watered-down design”
This was from Chris Lattner

Reference: Re: [Review] Replace `typealias` keyword with `associatedtype` for associated ty <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/2040/match=opinionated>

Brandon