[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Property reflection

L. Mihalkovic laurent.mihalkovic at gmail.com
Fri May 27 02:54:03 CDT 2016

It might be good to learn from the mistakes java made with its reflection API because it might help avoid facing the impedence mismatch java faced a couple years ago when they tried to model the language on top of reflection.
The point is I think that starting in a small corner and trying to walk your way up is like the quantum mechanical way of trying to capture a lion (put the cage on the table and wait for the lion to show up inside), which in this case means do something somewhere, repeat, and hope it collectively makes sense when it's all done.
IMO the design does not emerge spontaneously from the syntax, it is the syntax that is created because it serves some higher order principles.