[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0089: Replace protocol<P1, P2> syntax with Any<P1, P2>

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Thu May 26 04:16:04 CDT 2016

There is great feedback going on here. I'd like to consider a few things here:

What if we name the whole thing `Existential<>` to sort out all confusion? This would allow `typealias Any = Existential<>`.
Should `protocol A: Any<class>` replace `protocol A: class`? Or at least deprecate it.
Do we need `typealias AnyClass = Any<class>` or do we want to use any class requirement existential directly? If second, we will need to allow direct existential usage on protocols (right now we only can use typealiases as a worksround).

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail