[swift-evolution] Thoughts on clarity of Double and Float type names?

Charlie Monroe charlie at charliemonroe.net
Mon May 23 23:52:15 CDT 2016

In UIKit/Cocoa, there's CGFloat that does pretty much what you're asking (and it's pain working with it in Swift, since it's Double on 64-bit computers, while Swift defaults to Float, so you need casting all the time)... And I think the default behavior of Swift should be similar.

I wouldn't change the type names since Double still is "double precision", I'd just prefer changed default behavior...

Charlie