[swift-evolution] Thoughts on clarity of Double and Float type names?

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Mon May 23 22:39:30 CDT 2016

> On May 23, 2016, at 9:55 PM, Xiaodi Wu <xiaodi.wu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:40 PM, David Sweeris <davesweeris at mac.com <mailto:davesweeris at mac.com>> wrote:
>
> Have we (meaning the list in general, not you & me in particular) had this conversation before? This feels familiar...
>
> It does, doesn't it? I've been reading this list for too long.
I just checked, and we have! In this very thread! I didn’t realize it was started almost 6 months ago…

Out of curiosity, are there plans for Swift's IntegerLiteralType & FloatingPointLiteralType when CPUs eventually support 128-bit ints & floats? Will they still evaluate to “Int64" and “Double” by default, or will they become the bigger types?

- Dave Sweeris