[swift-evolution] Winding down the Swift 3 release

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Mon May 23 04:28:56 CDT 2016

> The collection model, API guidelines and standard library are actually irrelevant to the ABI. The standard library API and the Swift ABI are distinct orthogonal concepts.

I understand that. What I'm saying is, if we'd gotten a stable ABI in Swift 3 and a redesigned standard library in Swift 4 instead of the other way around, the standard library changes would've broken a lot of that "ABI-compatible" code anyway. (That, or we simply would've been stuck with the old, unimproved standard library.)

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies