[swift-evolution] SE-0005 ==> Please keep well know acronyms capitalized!

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Thu May 19 17:22:32 CDT 2016

Hi Pavel,

I don’t agree that capitalised acronyms read better for properties and variables. I’m happy that the naming guidelines went the way they did. But that is fairly inconcequential. As Brent puts it better than I ever could, the success of the evolution process is based on making peace with previously accepted proposal, even if you were not personally there when they were debated, and especially as this discussion is not putting forward new evidence or scenarios to further the debate. Many people with similar opinion to yours were there back then to plead your cause.

Anyway, welcome to the swift evolution mailing list!

David.