[swift-evolution] SE-0084 spinoff: Newlines as item separators

Joe Groff jgroff at apple.com
Wed May 18 12:06:17 CDT 2016

> On May 17, 2016, at 11:22 AM, Vladimir.S via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> On 17.05.2016 21:06, Tino Heth wrote:
>> - method parameters
>> - array and dictionary literals
>> - tuples
>> [anything else?]
>
> list of generic types:
> func f<T,U,V>(t: T, u: U, v: V) {
> ..
> }

This  would mean that we have to disambiguate generic parameter lists from comparison operators across lines:

	// Is this `a<b, c>(d)`, or `(a < b); (c > (d))` ?
	a < b
	c > (d)

Maybe our existing lookahead rule is still sufficiently unlikely to misparse it (since we require a < to be followed by the type grammar, then followed by a '>.' or '>(' to parse as a generic param list), but that's something that'd have to be explored.

-Joe