[swift-evolution] SE-0084 spinoff: Newlines as item separators

Leonardo Pessoa me at lmpessoa.com
Tue May 17 17:05:13 CDT 2016

I don't like this idea so -1 from me.

Most languages allow that extra comma at the end of a list and sure that
eases reordering a list but making them optional at all lines may make the
code confusing to read and put an extra job at the compiler to decide
whether a line is a new item or continuation from the previous line. This
may even be simpler to implement than I think but the code may become more
prone to errors as I may forget an item spans across two or more lines and
thus harder to read. If the clarity of code is a premisse of Swift, I think
this change would go against it.

- Leonardo