[swift-evolution] [Proposal] More lenient subscript methods over Collections

Maximilian Hünenberger m.huenenberger at me.com
Sat May 14 16:09:01 CDT 2016

One point which should be discussed is the following behaviour:

let array = [0]
// ranges are completely out of bounds and produce an error
array[clamping: 1...2] // error
array[clamping: -2...-1] // error

Should a range which has no intersection with the indices of the collection produce an error or just clamp to 0..<0 respectively endIndex..<endIndex?

Best regards
Maximilian