[swift-evolution] [Pitch] merge types and protocols back together with type<Type, Protocol, ...>

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri May 13 18:50:37 CDT 2016

If anyone is interested, I started a draft proposal with detailed design here: https://github.com/DevAndArtist/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/nnnn-merging-types-with-protocols.md

I didn’t post it here, because it is a bit huge and could lose its markdown formats. `all<>` is always bold, because this is what we are interested in, but I provided all possible combinations if the other formats would exists (at least all combinations I could think of, anything else is derived from these).

`class<>` etc. can be seen as a future direction (I would say), otherwise this would easily become out of scope for Swift 3. (I will  move `class<>` etc. from detailed design to future direction later.)

I’d love to hear your feedback and strong arguments for the motivation part I could include into this proposal.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail