[swift-evolution] [Draft] Introducing StaticSelf, an Invariant Self

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:46:23 CDT 2016

Seems like ->StaticSelf can actually only means returns the class for which
protocol conformance was applied first(in hierarchy). I.e. some `->BaseSelf`.
But in this case we need a method to get this 'base' class from protocol..

something like(just pseudo code!):

func makeWithZero<T: Makable >(x: Int) -> Makable(T).FirstConformedClass {
	return T.make(value: 0)
}

or

func makeWithZero<T: Makable >(x: Int) -> type<T.make(value:)> {
	return T.make(value: 0)
}

I don't know if all of this makes sense at all ;-)