[swift-evolution] [Pitch] merge types and protocols back together with type<Type, Protocol, ...>

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:04:46 CDT 2016

On 13.05.2016 19:38, Adrian Zubarev via swift-evolution wrote:
> Why would you want to add all of these different formats where only one
> could serve them all. This is redundant in my opinion.
>
> `struct<>` and `enum<>` would have same rules, only the first element would
> be a different value-type. I might consider this as an alternative.

Actually, I fully support your idea and strongly +1 for `type<>` keyword. I
don't believe it will confuse anyone as protocol<> does not confuse currently.

But as I can see, the community(or core team) is strongly against of using
`type` keyword.
So, we have situation : protocol<> and .. all<> ? Will all<> include
protocols also? Probably I'd support to remove protocol<> and introduce
just all<> for all :-) But if we have protocol<> and can't have type<> - I
asked why we can't for clarity and consistency have class<> struct<>