[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:19:27 CDT 2016

On 13.05.2016 16:32, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> I am, +1 on allowing new lines instead of commas.  I suggest you pursue a proposal on that.

Unfortunately I have no ability for this right now, so someone who is
interested in this could take the idea and create a 'formal' proposal.

> I am also +1 on the current proposal because it exists and will be pretty useful in some cases and I can't predict how long it might be until such a new line proposal would be approved.  I also think that the choice between them should be a style choice, not one made by the language (as with semicolon) and if anyone chooses commas they should have the utility of the current proposal available to them.

Don't you feel like this proposal(SE-0084) should be extended to list of
generic types at least, or even to allow trailing comma in any
comma-separated list in Swift? I.e. you are saying +1, but probably the
exact proposal should be improved to have your +1.

Probably (if this is allowed) the author of this proposal (SE-0084) can add
'line-break separator feature' to his/her proposal and generalize the rule
of trailing comma/line-breaks for any comma-separated list in Swift?

As I can see, the proposal SE-0084 'per se' has more negative comments than
positive(even if some from @apple.com supports it) and I feel like extended
proposal can have more support.